Maybe it is your question too: “How many types of pizza are there in the world?” answering this question is not easy at all. Luckily, we have some main pizza types that help us to classify different types of pizza and discuss their history, integrants, and main difference.
- Neapolitan Pizza
Neapolitan pizza, or pizza Napoletana, is a type of pizza that originated in Naples, Italy. Neapolitan pizza is prepared with simple and fresh ingredients: a basic dough, raw tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and olive oil—no fancy toppings.Neapolitan-style pizza typically consists of a thin and soft crust (if it is cooked properly at a high temperature, the crust will bubble up and be charred in spots) that is topped with a simple tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil.
- Pizza Marinara, which is topped with tomato, garlic, oregano and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Pizza Marinara, which is topped with tomato, sliced fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Pizza Margherita extra, which is topped with tomato, sliced buffalo mozzarella, fresh basil, and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Calzone pizza, Calzones are basically folded pizzas, made from pizza dough and stuffed with the same ingredients as pizza – almost always tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese, usually ricotta, often pepperoni and maybe some other cheese and cured meats – and then folded over like an omelette.
- Chicago Pizza
- New York Style Pizza
- Sicilian Pizza
- Greek Pizza
- California Pizza
- Tomato Pie Pizza
- Alternative Pizza Types
- Iranian Pizza
- Home Made Pizza
- Restaurants Special Pizza
- Bacon cheese fry
- Bbq chicken
- Hot chicken wing
- Garlic and Cheese
- Cone Pizza
This article is based on https://www.webstaurantstore.com/article/101/types-of-pizza.html classification
This post is also available in: Persian